Thursday, April 2, 2009

Adi Parvamu- Sharmishtha

Sharmishtha, was the daughter of Demon king Vrishparva. One day she went for an outing with thousand of her friends. Devyani was also with her. They all reached a lake and kept their clothes aside and started taking bath and were having fun. In the meantime a gust of wind came and it turned in to a twister and all their clothes were blown in to all directions. All of them ran to get their clothes which were thrown all over. They just wore what they got hold of, and Sharmishtha wore the Saree of Devyani and Devyani got the Saree of Sharmishtha . She did not touch it, instead she loathed it and said " I am a Brahmin girl and I am the daughter of a great teacher. You should be bowing to me . I will not wear your dirty Saree". Sharmishtha was extremely angry on the harsh comments and said " Your father is a servant of ours and you shout at me? I hate the tone of your voice and you are manner less. And will you ever find a Saree like mine?" and she pushed Devyani in to a well nearby and left with her friends.

1 comments:

Vai K said...

The next story is very big and it might take me 2 to 3 days to translate, in the meantime please bear with me and thank you for your patience in reading the blog.