Thursday, April 2, 2009

Adi Parvamu- Kacha Devayani

After a few days Kacha said Goodbye to his teacher Shukracharya and started his journey towards Devaloka. Before he left he went to say goodbye to Devyani. He spoke to her in a friendly manner, she was shocked of the news about him leaving. She had tears in her eyes and said " Where will you go? Will you leave me here alone? Please listen to me, you are celibate and I am a virgin. We are made for each other, please marry me and we both will be happy".
Kacha closed his ears and said " You are like my sister, you should not be saying this. You are the daughter of my teacher". She could not bear 'No' for an answer. She got extremely angry and cursed him " You did not oblige to my wish and rejected me, the Mrutha Sanjeevani you learnt will never work in your favor". He then cursed her saying " You cursed be for no good reason, even though Mrutha Sanjeevani does not work for me, it will work for those who I teach. You commited a grave mistake by doing Adharma( not being righteous), you will not marry a Brahmin". He did not wait there even for a second and came to Devaloka and taught Mrutha Sanjeevani to his father.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.